At The Green Preschool in Kailua, our mission is to enrich our community and support families by teaching young children how to love the earth, their community, each other, and themselves.
We provide hands on experience to promote learning about the natural world. Activities include:
- baking bread and food preparation;
- circle based on nature themes, folk stories about community and nature;
- sewing, bees wax modeling, play dough modeling;
- creative in door play with natural toys;
- creative out door play featuring water play, sand play and play ground equipment; and
- learning the alphabet, and adding and subtracting through creative games.
We offer a child-centered curriculum which strives to teach the child about the world and themselves through activities children enjoy. Creative play, supported with toys made from natural materials, is a key component of the curriculum. Our objective is to encourage your child’s creativity and inventiveness while supporting the acquisition of social skills.